Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I knew I should have gone to PCC

What fun to deconstruct the given circumstances for the last flurry of posts - it sounded like the BioBox people were hanging out with Darren. hilarity ensues. flirtation definitely. But also some friction. (JL is way younger than DO, and is way more flexible, so you decide loser status, dear reader).

Now, since this is a professional blog and not my own personal one, I guess I should try to bring the discussion back to theory and practice of theatre... but I think one of the most challenging and slippery elements of Darren's social acupuncture project is that it isn't about character, it's about us. So how do we bring the fun and frivolity into the discussion of our practices?

I think by seeing each other face to face. So those of you in Vancouver, meet me at the PuSh festival. I'll be at lots of shows, including Theatre as a Drug, the PuSh Cabaret at the WISE Hall Jan 26th, (Quizoola opens the festival tomorrow night) and at the Assembly, Feb 2-4. Let's make the PCC look like math class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm finally on this thing. The PCC was poorly moderated. People needed their bios in print instead of wasting 10-20 min talking about what they do which left little to no room for discussion.

Darren, the PCC, to me, already looked like math class. And like math class, I learned some things; I just didn't enjoy it.

Darren said...

Welcome, Sara,

What are some of the things you learned at the PCC?